We all have missed very short putts, right? But why? Did you concede the put already as you casually walked up to the ball and attempted to make your put, but missed. Did you give the putt to yourself anyway? You know you did, well sometimes, right? You missed, but you gave yourself the par instead a true bogey, right? You would have made it your really tried, right?
There are many reasons why we miss the “easy putts.” Here are 12 common reasons:
1. Not taking the proper time
2. The upper body is turned toward the hole (ball misses right or left)
3. Lack of confidence (self talk “don’t miss”)
4. Not committed
5. In a hurry to get it over with
6. Putting technique
7. Changing putting technique from golf hole to golf hole
8. Thinking ahead (you already conceded the putt)
9. Distracted (fellow golfers, noise, etc.)
10. Speed (too much or not enough)
11. You attempted the ‘ole “one-hand-jab”
12. You attempted to putt left handed (right hand golfer with right handed putter)
If you would like help with putting, call Arizona Golf Lessons, by me (Robbie Camacho) today. In Arizona you have many choices on choosing your golf coach and taking golf lessons here in Arizona. I welcome for a limited time all Phoenix metro area golfers to “try before you buy.” What does that mean? I am offering 27 minutes of my time to answer your questions and evaluate your golf game, golf swing, putting, chipping, pitching, bunker shots, and any others shots you need help with. This offer is open to all Arizona women beginner golfers as well. The golf lessons are held in Tempe, Arizona at Rio Salado. The location is within easy reach from Ahwatukee, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Scottsdale, and Phoenix. To Book your Tempe golf lessons and coaching, call me at 602-828-GOLF for more information.