Phoenix, Arizona Golf Lessons: Update for Monday, February 8, 2010.
Golf terminology [in no particular order] you may or may not be familiar with:
1. Center – The midpoint between the shoulders.
2. Flexibilty – The lack of muscle tension.
3. Swing – To and fro motion – backward and forward.
4. Mental Direction – Your mind telling the muscles what to do.
5. Path – The arc by the clubhead. The path of the forward swing is not the same as the path of the backswing.
6. Practice – Just hitting balls is not practice. Practice should be performed with a goal(s) in mind.
7. Response – The body responding to the motion of the swing back and forward.
8. Rhythm – The relationship of one side of the swing to the other side.
9. Tempo – The rate or speed of motion.
10. Timing – All parts of the club reach the moment of club-to-ball contact.
If you would like a further explanation of the above “terms” and/or others, then please feel free to contact me. I will respond within 24 hours.