- Ahwatukee Golf Lessons
- Arizona Golf Lessons
- Arizona Short Game Lessons
- Beginner Golf Lessons
- Chandler Golf Lessons
- Chipping Lessons
- Dobson Ranch Golf Course
- East Valley Golf
- Gilbert Golf Lessons
- Golf Club Fitting
- Golf Coaching
- Golf Dictionary
- Golf Playing Lessons
- Golf Tips
- Golf Video
- Junior Golf Lessons
- Kids Golf Lessons
- Mesa Golf Lessons
- PGA Golf Tour
- Phoenix Golf Lessons
- Pitching Lessons
- Putting Lessons
- Rio Salado Golf Lessons
- Scottsdale Golf Lessons
- Senior Golf Lessons
- Short Game Lessons
- Tempe Golf Lessons
- Tempe Golf School
- Women's Golf Lessons
- January 2013
- November 2012
- September 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- February 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
- August 2007
- Jeff Goodman on Ping Golf Custom Fitting [nFlight]
- Golf Tips for Women – Curbing Impulsive Decisions on the Golf Course on Aim Your Club-face Before You Take Your Stance
- Felux on Golf Lessons in Phoenix, Arizona (602) 828-GOLF
- Golf School History Before Arizona Golf Schools | Golfing Digest on Two-Hour Instruction & Coaching Session
- Discover The Arizona Golf School Benefits For Yourself | Golfing Digest on Two-Hour Instruction & Coaching Session
Phoenix – Mesa – AZ Golf Lessons Update: November 25, 2012
THIS OFFER EXPIRED
FIVE 30-MINUTE GOLF LESSONS FOR $125.00 YOU SAVE $100.00 REG. PRICE IS $225.00
Phoenix – Mesa – Tempe Golf Lessons Update: July 11, 2012
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Arizona Golf Instructor Receives 2012 Best of Tempe Award
Tempe Award Program Honors the Achievement
LOS ANGELES, CA, July 4, 2012 — Arizona Golf Instructor has been selected for the 2012 Best of Tempe Award in the Golf Instruction category by the Tempe Award Program.
Each year, the Tempe Award Program identifies companies that we believe have achieved exceptional marketing success in their local community and business category. These are local companies that enhance the positive image of small business through service to their customers and our community. These exceptional companies help make the Tempe area a great place to live, work and play.
Various sources of information were gathered and analyzed to choose the winners in each category. The 2012 Tempe Award Program focuses on quality, not quantity. Winners are determined based on the information gathered both internally by the Tempe Award Program and data provided by third parties.
About Tempe Award Program
The Tempe Award Program is an annual awards program honoring the achievements and accomplishments of local businesses throughout the Tempe area. Recognition is given to those companies that have shown the ability to use their best practices and implemented programs to generate competitive advantages and long-term value.
The Tempe Award Program was established to recognize the best of local businesses in our community. Our organization works exclusively with local business owners, trade groups, professional associations and other business advertising and marketing groups. Our mission is to recognize the small business community’s contributions to the U.S. economy.
SOURCE: Tempe Award Program
Mesa, Phoenix, Tempe, Arizona Golf Lessons Update: Monday, November 28, 2011
Well, here we are again in Holiday Season. Why not treat someone you know this season a gift certificate for a golf lesson or a series of golf lessons. And, I have a special offer, but you must call me to hear about the special offer. The “special offer” will expire on 12/24/11.
Robbie Camacho, PGA Teaching Professional & Coach
Dobson Ranch, Mesa, AZ
Mesa, Phoenix, Tempe, Arizona Golf Lessons Update: Wednesday, October 26, 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Arizona Golf Instructor Receives 2011 Best of Tempe Award
U.S. Commerce Association’s Award Plaque Honors the Achievement
NEW YORK, NY, October 19, 2011 — Arizona Golf Instructor has been selected for the 2011 Best of Tempe Award in the Golf Instruction category by the U.S. Commerce Association (USCA).
The USCA “Best of Local Business” Award Program recognizes outstanding local businesses throughout the country. Each year, the USCA identifies companies that they believe have achieved exceptional marketing success in their local community and business category. These are local companies that enhance the positive image of small business through service to their customers and community.
Various sources of information were gathered and analyzed to choose the winners in each category. The 2011 USCA Award Program focuses on quality, not quantity. Winners are determined based on the information gathered both internally by the USCA and data provided by third parties.
About U.S. Commerce Association (USCA)
U.S. Commerce Association (USCA) is a New York City based organization funded by local businesses operating in towns, large and small, across America. The purpose of USCA is to promote local business through public relations, marketing and advertising.
The USCA was established to recognize the best of local businesses in their community. Our organization works exclusively with local business owners, trade groups, professional associations, chambers of commerce and other business advertising and marketing groups. Our mission is to be an advocate for small and medium size businesses and business entrepreneurs across America.
SOURCE: U.S. Commerce Association
Update for Phoenix, Mesa Golf Lessons at Dobson Ranch: Monday October 17, 2011
Golfers: Are you set-up correctly? And what actual does set-up mean?
Set-Up: To be in a “ready” athletic body/golf club position prior to the start of the golf swing. Below is a list of items that make up the “set-up.”
Grip [proper placement of the hands and style of grip - ten-finger, overlap, or interlock]
Posture [posture will vary depending on the golf club to used at time of shot, and if you grip-down to make the club shorter]
Stance [type of stance - open, closed, or square, and width of stance]
Aim [aiming the center of the clubface at target. The leading edge of the clubhead to be perpendicular the ball-flight line]
Body Alignment [body facing ball-flight line with toe-line, knees, thighs, hips, arms, parallel to ball-flight line. Note: shoulders on the same plane as the ball-flight line]
Ball Position [back of stance, forward, or middle of stance? The golf club itself will determine the ball position by way of its length and lie angle. Also the body plays a role as well. And preference by the player]
Hand Position [both hands "centered" between the shoulders]
Shaft Angle [shaft angle leans forward with the shorter clubs, while the shaft angle leans back with the longer clubs. Note: length of club, lie angle, body determine]
Balance [weight distribution, static, and dynamic]
The best way to seek improve with your golf swing is to have a good “set-up”. If you woukld like help please feel free to contact me. A golf lesson on “set-up” may just be what you need for a better golf swing.
Robbie Camacho, PGA Golf Instructor
Dobson Ranch Golf Course
Golf Lessons Update: Mesa, Phoenix, Tempe for September 1, 2011
This post is for those golfers who are frustrated when it comes to bunker shots. Here in the Phoenix metro area you may find that the texture in the bunkers vary from course to course. From hard, bare, and crusty, to soft, and really soft. So, what do you do? And how do you practice when it comes to the type of sand. Well, here is what you can do: make a phone call to your nearest golf course and ask the golf shop staff. They pro’s in the shop will inform you if they do have a practice bunker, and then just ask what is the texture of the sand like.
For firm to hard: you need a wedge that does not have a lot of bounce. But how can you tell if you have too much bounce.
Here is how: Image 1
Notice that the *trailing edge is lower than the *leading edge. This wedge is best for firm/hard/bare sand.
Image 2: Notice that the *trailing edge is higher than the *leading edge. This wedge is best for soft to really soft sand.
*Trailing Edge – The trailing edge is the very back part of the sole of a golf club. Literally, the trailing edge is the edge of the clubhead that is bringing up the rear (trailing) during a swing.
*Leading Edge – The front-most edge of the sole of a golf club. Literally, the edge of the club that leads in a swing.
For help on bunker shots please feel free to contact to discuss.
Robbie Camacho, PGA Golf Instructor
Dobson Ranch Golf Course
Mesa, Phoenix, Tempe Golf Lessons: Update – Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Ten things to ponder before you financial, emotionally, and physically commit to golf lessons:
1. Can I make a time commitment to attend?
2. Can I set time to actually practice post lesson(s)?
3. Can I accept change?
4. Can I set time to play on the golf course?
5. Can I be patient?
6. Can I allow my instructor to fully lead me?
7. Can I allow myself to be coached on putting, chipping, pitching, and bunker shots?
8. Can I ask questions if I don’t understand?
9. Can I take written notes, audio, or even video?
10. Can I stay focussed on MY golf instructor/coach for the entire duration of a lesson series?
Robbie Camacho, PGA Golf Instructor & Coach
Phoenix – Mesa – Tempe Golf Lessons Update: Wednesday, July 27, 2010
As of August 1, 2011: I will be offering golf instruction, lessons, playing lessons, and coaching at Dobson Ranch in Mesa, AZ.
Dobson Ranch offers a full 18 hole golf course, lighted full driving range [grass], practice putting greens, chipping, pitching areas, and a practice bunker. So you can book a lesson on every aspect of the game.
For more information about golf lessons and instruction at Dobson Ranch, please contact me directly.
Note: You must book your lesson with me, not Dobson Ranch.
Robbie Camacho, PGA Golf Instructor.
(602) 828-GOLF (4653)
Phoenix / Tempe / Arizona Golf Lessons Update: Monday, July 18, 2011
You will find not only my blog, but you can read other golf related blogs that may be of interest to you: golf.alltop.com.
Robbie Camacho, PGA Golf Instructor/Coach
Update: Phoenix / Tempe / Arizona Golf Lessons for July 14, 2011
In the images below you will notice the shaft [angle] varies from club-to-club. But what does influence the shaft angle? The lie angle and length of the club determine shaft angle at set-up. You will see in image #1 [wedge] that the shaft angle is leaning forward, while image #4 [driver] the shaft is leaning back. Another influencer of shaft angle is your stance-width.
Set-Up [7 iron]
Set-Up [4 iron]
Set-Up [3 fairway]
If you are not sure about the correct shaft angle at set-up, please feel free to contact me for discussion.
Robbie Camacho, PGA Golf Instructor
Hello my name is Rob Camacho. Thanks for stopping by and welcome to my golf cyberspace corner. This place is, and will always be, a work in progress, so make sure to visit every now and then.
- Central Alabama CC wins NJCAA men's title May 18, 2013Alex Mahlik and Andrew Klasing recorded top-10 individual finishes to help Central Alabama CC capture the NJCAA National Championship Friday at the Rawls Course in Lubbock, Texas. […]Golfweek Staff
- Oklahoma City wins men's NAIA national title May 18, 2013Oklahoma City won its second straight and ninth overall men's NAIA National Championship Friday at Creekside Golf Club in Salem, Ore. […]Golfweek Staff
- Mary Hardin-Baylor takes Division III women's title May 18, 2013The Mary Hardin-Baylor women's golf team won its first NCAA Division III National Championship Friday at the Raven Golf Club in Destin, Fla. […]Golfweek Staff
- Texas-Tyler men win first Division III crown May 18, 2013Texas-Tyler bested second-place Transylvania by seven shots to win its first NCAA Division III National Championship. […]Golfweek Staff
- 5 Things: Barely challenged, Bradley coasts in Texas May 18, 2013Keegan Bradley began and ended his day with a three-shot lead Friday at the HP Byron Nelson Championship, as the field kept its distance for the most part. Here are 5 Things to Know. […]Golfweek Staff
- Rude: Venturi was 'very fortunate' May 18, 2013Ken Venturi had a severe stuttering problem as a youth, lost competitive golf to carpal tunnel syndrome in his prime, lost a wife to brain cancer and 17 months ago underwent heart surgery. Yet he’s inclined to repeat, “I’ve been very fortunate.” […]Jeff Rude
- Ken Venturi, 82, left his mark as golfer, broadcaster May 18, 2013Ken Venturi, winner of the 1964 U.S. Open and the voice of golf for CBS Sports for 35 years, died Friday afternoon. […]Adam Schupak
- How it Happened: Bradley still atop Nelson May 18, 2013The HP Byron Nelson Championship started in record fashion on Thursday -- thanks to the brilliant play of Keegan Bradley. Will anyone catch him on Friday? Follow now! […]Golfweek Staff
- Tempe Regional: Knights move up after Eason's 63 May 17, 2013Central Florida's Greg Eason nearly made school history Friday at the NCAA Tempe Regional, shooting 7-under 63 to take the individual lead, while UCLA holds an 11-shot edge in the team race. […]Sean Martin
- Pullman Regional: California in command May 17, 2013Both California and USC's Sam Smith hold commanding leads after two rounds of the NCAA Pullman Regional. […]Sean Martin
- Fayetteville Regional: Arkansas surges into lead May 17, 2013Arkansas is taking advantage of playing on a familiar course, as the host Razorbacks hold the lead after two rounds of the NCAA Fayetteville Regional at Blessings Golf Club. […]Ron Balicki
- Columbus Regional: S. Carolina, UNLV share lead May 17, 2013While first-round leader Charlotte fell back to a tie for fifth, UNLV and South Carolina moved into the top spot and share the lead after two rounds of the NCAA Columbus Regional. […]Lance Ringler
- Baton Rouge Regional: Vogel, Florida still lead Tide May 17, 2013T.J. Vogel is looking like an All-American again, and as a result, the Florida Gators are leading the NCAA Baton Rouge Regional after two rounds. […]Cassie Stein
- Tallahassee Regional: Washington closes in on UNF May 17, 2013North Florida still leads after two rounds of the NCAA Tallahassee Regional, but Washington, helped by Charlie Hughes' 65, pulled to within two shots entering Saturday's final round. […]Brentley Romine
- Loss sends Poulter home from World Match Play May 17, 2013Pre-tournament favorite Ian Poulter bowed out of the Volvo World Match Play Championship after losing his second match in two days, left only to vent his frustration. […]Alistair Tait
Powered by WordPress
Rob Camacho Arizona Golf Instructor© 2013